Friday, 29 November 2013

Le Forêt - The Looks


Look 1
If you follow me on instagram, you may have seen that last week, I posted a few images from a recent photoshoot entitled 'Le Forêt!' 

The shoot was a collaboration between photographer Georgie Barr, hair stylist Rac Nutt of Paul Watts Hair and, make up artist Megan Klaire. We also borrowed some stunning headpieces from Lullabellz. You can imagine the excitement it caused in the salon as all five of us girls rummaged through that box of goodies, trying things on! I think some of those gems will be making their on to several christmas lists this year. Myself and the beautiful Nicole, agreed to be their guinea pigs for the day, and I think we were all pretty chuffed with the results! :) 

The shoot consisted of two looks; the first of which was more natural, and the second a little more prepped & primed (read: we went crazy on the colour & glitter). Here I caught up with Rac & Megan, as they explain their inspirations for the shoot...
Look 2 


Rac on Hair: "I'd been thinking of doing a beautiful autumnal hair shoot for a while. So in doing so, I had to create hair to go with the theme. I'm a huge fan of big hair and waves. So I knew this had to be one of the styles. I knew for certain I wanted both models to be the opposite of each other with their hairstyles. Also everybody is raving about braids at the moment so I wanted to get a nice chunky one in there somewhere! With regards to the chains and the crimps, I like to do things that you don't see in every day hair magazines. It's nice to be a bit weird and wonderful sometimes!"

Megan on Makeup: "I was recently inspired by an image I saw in a magazine - Lots of coppers and golds, used in a fall shoot. I decided I wanted to put my own spin on things so I created a matte, highlighted lip and introduced glitter on one of the models. I like the contrast of a natural sheer look with an unnatural lip and glitter eye. I wanted individuality between the two models and tried to display this throughout. Lots of blended metallic, coppers and golds were used to create this 'mood' for the shoot."

Keep your eyes peeled for Part 2: the phootshoot & a few words with photographer extraordinaire, Georgie coming this weekend!

Much love,
Lauren xo
SHARE:
© novella afterglow. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig