Monday, 24 June 2013

Style // Jersey & Gems

embellished_tee_illustration
embellished_tee_6
embellished_tee_5
embellished_tee_1
embellished_tee_3
embellished_tee_2
embellished_tee_4
embellished_tee_7
As I don't tend to post daily on here, I'm guilty of only showing pretty new purchases & shoe pieces that I'm excited about at the time. Truth is, my day-to-day attire is much more relaxed. A typical day at work can include anything from sitting at my desk writing copy for the lookbook, researching themes & stories for forthcoming seasons, or running up and down stairs to the stockroom to dig out and retrieve samples. For that reason, I tend to veer towards outfits that are comfortable, practical yet stylish.

My trusty old Topshop skinnies have made their way back into my favourites - they're the earlier design that aren't quite so tight at the ankles, which I'm rather enjoying at the min. I'm not quite ready for full on  90s mom fit jeans yet so I find this is an easy introduction out of my comfort zone! Subtle embellishment is a great way to smarten up a basic tee, I adore this olive green number from Next! Y'all know by now how much I like a good statement necklace & this dinky little pretty that I was very kindly gifted by Eclectic Eccentricity whilst writing for She Dressed in Black is just perfect for slinging round your neck for a day at the office - also, as I never wear a watch, it's pretty darn handy too.

I gave the overall look a lifting pop of colour with the aid of H&M's creeper-style brogues, whilst make up is kept simple with a little slick of red lippy, and voila... simple, work-ready attire!

Ps. Do you like the illustrations I'm adding to these outfit posts at the minute? I haven't used watercolours in years (as you may be able to tell) but I'm enjoying giving myself a little practise whilst I blog! You can find the rest of my doodles, here.

Much love,
Lauren xo
Share:
© Novella Afterglow | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig