Tuesday, 21 May 2013

Style // Teaparty

Untitled
Untitled
Cup of Tea Necklace - c/o Millie 'n' Mae

I'm going to go ahead and make one terribly bold claim here: we, here in England, like nothing better than a rare bask in the sun (after these past few dreary weeks, I started to believe that we actually had more of chance of meeting a unicorn)... and a ruddy, good cup of tea! Together; they're a pretty, peachy combination. If you don't like sunshine and/or tea, I'm not sure we can be friends. There's the essential early morning cuppa; the various get-me-through-the-day cuppas; the mid-afternoon caffeine boost, the gossip-with-your-friends-in-the-evening cuppa, and finally, the bedtime wind-down cuppa. I highly recommend a lavender earl grey for that last one.

Anyway, as you can imagine, I was in my element when I awoke on Sunday, to find that not only was there some sunshine, gloriously saturating the sky, but this little gem, from Mille 'n' Mae, had fallen through my letterbox. I quickly threw on some clothes so that my mum & I could turn our mid-morning cuppa into a humble, garden party affair. 
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
I actually haven't taken this sweet little necklace off since the weekend. It's cute, and the charm truly captures the bizarre, but oh so accurate, British fascination with tea. I love wearing jewellery that has a bit of personality. Not anything overly quirky for a daily piece, but just enough to add its own little  story to your outfit. 
I've been eyeing up a few other bits on their website too; the chain fringe necklace would look amazing over a tee in the summer, and that vintage camera necklace is pretty darn adorable. I can imagine James is going to be quite fond of their gold prism necklace too. The price is so, so reasonable, I may have to fill up a mini basket of trinkets. 
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
UntitledUntitled
Playsuit - French Connection; Shoes - Topshop

You'll have to excuse the rest of me, it's quite evident how eager I was to catch some sun by the state of my attire! The playsuit is an old French Connection purchase. I adore it. The subtle pattern is lovely and the fabric is such a good quality, which seems highly unusual these days. Is anyone else sick of buying something and realising it has zero lining and leaves nothing to the imagination? Topshop, you're a major culprit at the moment. The boots on the other hand, are a brand-spanking new purchase! I'd been eyeing them up for a while and when my old colleagues rather wonderfully gave me an extremely generous gift card for Topshop as a leaving pressie, I thought these deserved to come home with me. 

I have a special treat for you today too, you lovely beings; Millie 'n' Mae have very kindly created a discount code for all you brilliant Novella Afterglow followers! 

To receive 20% off your order, visit their website, and enter NOVELLA at the checkout! 

Or, as it was National Best Friend Day on Monday (we've all only just found out that existed, right?) why not offer your best bud a belated gesture of your appreciation and share the code with them! Hope you all find something beautiful! 

Much love, 
Lauren xo
Share:
© Novella Afterglow | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig