Friday, 8 March 2013

Playlist // Girl Gang

Happy International Women's Day, girlies! Are you all hangin' out, celebrating all things girl power whilst dancing around to the Spice Girls? It's pretty good to be a girl sometimes.

After a particularly hard week, I felt like I needed a boost of the ole girl power thing (why have they not bottled that shiz up yet?), so I called upon my fellow tweet-buds to suggest their fave female-empowering tunes for a playlist. It did good. However, as you may have seen in my last post, with all the flying in and out of the country, I completely forgot to actually put the playlist together. Today seemed like a better day than any. I also thought it was an excellent excuse to make a collage... cause y'know I hadn't done that since the age of 8. There were loads more choices than this, but here's a few that seemed to inspire a good, healthy dose of female sass and smiles...

girlbandplaylist

I've put together the playlist on youtube, have a listen here:


What's your girl power anthem?

Much love,
Lauren

ps. youtube didn't seem to like Glenda Collins version of This Little Girl's Gone Rockin - which is outrageous - so I've substituted for Ruth Brown's original.

pps. I was definitely tempted to add Shania Twain's classics, Man, I feel Like a Woman and That Don't Impress me much but I'll let you enjoy those in your own time.
SHARE:
© novella afterglow. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig