Friday, 8 March 2013

Style // Boucle, Mint & Peach

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Thinking about it, today probably isn't the best day to shout about how happy I am that Spring is just around the corner. The day seems to have wrongly accessorised with a not-so beautiful layer of fog. Oh well, all the better for making our colourful, floral attire, pop isn't it!

I've ditched the fur coat this week (cya, you'll be missed my friend!) and instead, opted for some springtime pieces. I'm a bit obsessed with textures at the moment. I've been looking for the perfect boucle skirt for absolutely ages, ever since I saw (and sadly, missed out on) those absolutely dreamy, sixties style co-ord skirt suits from Topshop. I do work in Marketing, that gives me extra permission to swan around in sixties silhouettes pretending I'm in Mad Men, doesn't it? One day, I might even pull it off if I work on my sass and stop falling over my own feet.

This skirt is a H&M gem, light grey in colour and literally works with everything. You can't quite see it in these pics but I adore the lush, leather pocket detailing.

During the very same H&M loot scoop, I picked up this black fedora... admittedly, so I can be even lazier with my hair than I already am. I'm trying to cut down on heat damage by letting my hair dry naturally and refraining from using hair dryers or straighteners. Unless, of course, it dries completely mental, in which case, I tidy it up a bit for the sake of looking like a sane person. I've actually been pleasantly surprised with what a difference it's made to the condition already. I like a bit of volume and bounce anyway and the Aussie Long Hair range seems to be doing wonders in keeping it silky smooth without the aid of straighteners.

The mint jumper was another H&M purchase, bought last summer. The material is quite waxy to touch but it's super comfy and the fit is perfect - long enough to slouch over jeans but looks just as good tucked into skirts or shorts. It's quite thin so it works right throughout our breezy, British summertime too. I added a bold, statement necklace in peach to finish off the look.

Thought I'd try my luck & see if I could get away with the double tweed look by adding James' blazer. It's a much-loved, vintage number, that's lived in a few homes but is now perfectly, content in my wardrobe. Tell me it isn't quite as bad as double denim?

Travelling again very early tomorrow morning so I best get some shut eye.

Hope you all have a blast this weekend, lovers.
Lauren xo
Share:
© Novella Afterglow | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig