Wednesday, 26 September 2012

The Code of Colour

Lately, my mind has been preoccupied with colours. Lovely, dreamy colours. A simple, but fairly novel notion for someone who only last year (after a wardrobe colour co-ordination mission) had to make a definite resolution to stop purchasing solely black & white and step out into technicolour world.

Since then, I have welcomed colour into my life quite gladly. It's always a joyous occasion in the office when my pal & graphic design whizz(ard) Chris receives the newest pantone brochure, overflowing with inspiring palettes and this season's hues. For fashionista, tip-lovers out there, I'd recommend that you add the pantone website to your bookmarks bar, as it's one of the first places to spot next season's colour reports for both womenswear and menswear. If you're interested, you can find the current predication for Spring 2013, here.

Anyway, I stumbled across this on a website the other day and I'm a little bit hooked. I realise I'm about 10 years late to this game but I introduce: the Colour Code Generator. Essentially, it takes your photographs/images, half inches the colours and generates a matching colour scheme. I can't quite explain why I've spent so much time checking out the colour codes of 100 different images, but I like it. Not only does it inspire amazing colour schemes but it also feels like creating a list from a photograph. And, I like lists too. Moreover, the idea of combining colour with a numerical system makes the slight OCD freak inside me (I'm a Virgo) very, very happy. Addictive - especially when house hunting is in the pipeline!

sept_colourgen_3 sept_colourgen_2 sept_colourgen_1 sept_colourgen_4 sept_colourgen_5 sept_colourgen_7 sept_colourgen_6

Images sources: // Image 1 // Image 2 // Image 3 // Image 4 // (All the rest, property of Novella Afterglow)

| Lauren |
SHARE:
© novella afterglow. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig